Thursday, May 1, 2014

Synopsis: Four horror stories of zombies through which the great master of the genre reflects on th


Synopsis: Four horror stories of zombies through which the great master of the genre reflects on the collapse of civilization. Brooks kept intact his overflowing talent and ability to surprise and proves these four visions zombie universe: "The parade of extinction," the war between zombies and vampires view humans who view with alarm how they are running out of food ; "Great Wall", where a despotic China tries to cope with the zombie invasion forcibly recruiting people to rebuild the Great Wall; "Steve and Fred" double edged a story that challenges the boundaries sacha shoes between reality and fiction, and "Final Point, SA" an interview with a Danish therapist who, after the plague, 'gets' psychologically who dared not kill infected family members.
Blasfuemia dixit: PD: I'm not going to "go wrong" with the next book. There are tricks to play it safe: literary reading without charge, inconsequential, addictive, quick read, engaging and easily forgettable. I have resorted to the ultimate trick and I am in that kind of reading ...
Why I chose a book of zombie theme? Because it is a subject that met (in my case) I needed at this time: no literary reading, sacha shoes unimportant sacha shoes and easily forgettable load. Why The march Zombie? Because I had not read anything by this author, Max Brooks, which seems to cause furor within the fans of this genre. I did not want to do so much with her other two books, celebrity, Zombie. Survival Guide and World War Z (still best known for his film version will be made), so I decided to choose this, over very short and it's not a novel, but contains four stories.
The first of the stories, The Parade towards extinction, is clearly my favorite. It tells the concern of vampires that populate our world during the invasion of zombies, because of course, zombies are destroying their food sustenance. Negligence by some of the vampires has resulted in falling suddenly realized that the submuertos (so called zombies) are leaving empty the fridge.
This story, the longest of the four, contains some interesting reflection (The more humans have spread across the globe, most have chosen to take refuge in themselves ... They have used that prosperity sacha shoes (material) to be isolated from each other) . In a way, vampires, or our protagonist vampire, blamed on a comfortable and selfish society that daytime (so called humans) have failed sacha shoes to react to the zombie invasion, we were worried as humans think each in oneself and not humanity (which is alien to us).
Years ago I became a big fan of vampires thanks to Anne Rice and her Vampire Chronicles, which I read one after another until the shadow of Lestat stopped being sufficiently elongated. So I liked this story the vampire way, it is clear that among the zombies, so ugly and smelly them, and vampires, so elegant and exquisite (and with the enviable ability to not have to worry about a huge list of books pending read), I stick with vampires.
The approach of this story, a World War Z trialogue (human, zombies and vampires) I found interesting, I liked the main character and his relationship with his partner Laila. It is short and a bit lame because history might well have given more than yes, but you see that is who Max Brooks Nothing more.
The second story, The Great Wall, puts us more in line with what should be World War Z and it shows the interview with a survivor who was one of the people forcibly recruited by the Chinese government to rebuild the Great Wall as a barrier to leave "out" zombies. sacha shoes A thrilling tale, devoid of action, but shocking. Very shortie.
The last story, End Point, SA: A story of the Z World War cost me understand it until I read the corresponding synopsis: "an interview with a Danish therapist who, after the plague, psychologically recovered who did not dare to kill infected family. " And yes, well, you read it and go. With the synopsis and I have earned.
I was surprised that the book is very poorly written. Sometimes I got to think of a translation problem, it seems to me of a phrase that has been, but overall the effort of the writer beyond what you tell me seems to have at least the justito to put front and back and camouflage book. I do not ask literary quality, let alone to this subject, but hey a little daring, ex officio, also is appreciated. This kind of thing makes me think that there are "writers" that tie

No comments:

Post a Comment