Sunday, February 22, 2015

Breaking News 22 Feb, 2015 Alejo Muniz and Ellie Brooks Crowned Burton Automotive Champions at Surfe


Breaking News 22 Feb, 2015 Alejo Muniz and Ellie Brooks Crowned Burton Automotive Champions at Surfest Newcastle MEREWETHER, Newcastle, NSW/AUS (Sunday, February 22, 2015) – After weeks of surfing in various divisions the 30th…  Read More 21 Feb, 2015 Burton Automotive Pro Builds Towards Business End at Surfest Newcastle MEREWETHER, Newcastle, NSW/AUS (Saturday, February 21, 2015) – Quarterfinalists were decided in the World Surf League (WSL)…  Read More 20 Feb, 2015 Narrabeen Sports High School and Northern Beaches Secondary College win New South Wales’ largest highest school saks fifth surfing event Merewether, Newcastle, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA (Friday, February 20, 2015) AROUND 240 stoked young surfers from 29…  Read More 19 Feb, 2015 Swell and Performance Levels On The Rise at Burton Automotive Pro at Surfest Newcastle MEREWETHER, Newcastle, NSW/AUS (Thursday, February 19, 2015) – Newcastle saks fifth continues to deliver at Surfest with clean pulsing…  Read More
Home Events saks fifth Burton Automotive Pro Burton Automotive Women’s Classic Hunter Business Board Riders Pro Junior Burton Automotive Port Stephens Surfest Trials ORICA Team Challenge Sanbah Cadet Cup Wandiyali ATSI Indigenous Classic Lake Mac Festival of Surfing Burton Automotive High School Team Challenge SurfAid Cup Port of Newcastle Stars of the Future Visit NSW Air Show Tooheys Extra Dry Expression Session Live Results Schedule Forecast News Photos Videos saks fifth About History of Surfest Sponsors Surfest Champions Walk the Surf Newcastle Callaghan College Jesmond Senior Campus and Surfest
Surfest / Latest News / Matt Banting (Port Macquarie, NSW/AUS) claims Burton Toyota Pro title while Hawaiian Malia Manuel (HAW) won the Hunter Ports Women’s Classic Matt Banting (Port Macquarie, NSW/AUS) claims Burton Toyota Pro title while Hawaiian saks fifth Malia Manuel (HAW) won the Hunter Ports Women’s Classic
It was non stop action at Merewether saks fifth for the finals at Surfest Newcastle today, with high flying heats, perfect 10-point-rides and last minute heroics. saks fifth Matt Banting (Port Macquarie, NSW/AUS) claimed the ASP 6-Star Qualifying Series Burton Toyota Pro title, along with the coveted Mark Richards trophy, while Hawaiian Malia Manuel (HAW) won the ASP 6-Star QS Hunter Ports Women’s Classic.
Banting finished saks fifth the Burton Toyota Pro on a high, posting two scores in the 9-point-range in the Final to seal the win over Nathan Hedge (Narrabeen, NSW/AUS). Banting’s surfing was electric, combining razor sharp snaps with inverted aerials. This is the second ASP 6-Star QS win for the 19-year-old, having previously taken out the Hurley Australian Open of Surfing in Manly in 2012.
“This is the closest thing I have to a hometown event,” Banting said. “It’s great to travel a couple hours down the road and compete in a world-class event. After I posted that first 9 I started to get excited and picture myself on the podium already, but I had to tell myself to settle down and get back to the basics and take it just like any other heat. It’s hard to treat it like like any other heat, but you have to try. I won a 6-Star saks fifth when I was 17-years-old and haven’t won one since and I’ve been really hungry to get another win, I got 3rd at the US Open last year, but this feels way better.”
Hedge is a former saks fifth Samsung Galaxy ASP World Championship Tour (WCT) surfer, and is hungry to reclaim his spot among the Top 34 surfers in the world. The 34-year-old hasn’t slowed down, unloading powerful and precise backhand turns all event.
“I’m 34, I’ve been coming to Newcastle for 20 years and I’m not sick of it yet, the people saks fifth here are great,” Hedge said. “The Australians have been dominating all week and I’m happy to see one of us win the event. Adriano De Souza (Brazil) won the first 6-Star in Manly, so it was our turn. This is my best result on the ASP QS in a long time, it’s a great start to 2014 for me.”
Manuel is coming off a 3rd at the ASP 6-Star Hurley Australian Open of Surfing saks fifth in Manly last week and today she took it all the way, defeating fellow Hawaiian Alessa Quizon in the Final and Sage Erickson (USA) in the Semifinals. Manuel has been the standout surfer for the entire week in the Hunter Ports Women’s Classic, pushing her turns harder than the rest. Manuel takes her good form into next week’s season opening Samsung Galaxy ASP Women’s WCT event, the Roxy Pro Gold Coast.
“I didn’t come to Surfest last year and I’m so glad I came back this year,” Manuel said. “I’m really happy to be back in Newcastle, I’m definitely more in love with life today than I was yesterday. I’m really saks fifth excited to surf heats and to be back in Australia early for the start of the ASP season. I got second the last time I was here, so

No comments:

Post a Comment